Friday, October 19, 2012

Boys will be boys *sigh*






Ooohhh... The joy of having boys.. Especially toddler boys! Eragon is 2 years old now (technically 25 months in 5 days), and Zachary is 11 months (his first birthday is in 3 weeks and 6 days). Any mother with boys knows exactly what i mean when i quote two words from my oldest.. "Mama! Now!" Toddlers have full on, 14 year old, head-swingin' attitude, and they are not afraid to show it!

Is it just me, or are boys more prone to swallowing, breaking, shredding, eating, hiding, or incinerating precious items than girls are?
Perhaps. Then again, my mother did always say to me and my sister "I hope you have children that gave you just as much trouble as you gave me!" Ah! The dreaded grandma curse!
And that's another thing!
Why are boys so attached to their grandmothers?! I swear, Eragon will listen to two people in this world. Skie (daddy), and my mother! Me? Pffftt!! Nope. Mommy is good for 3 things: playing, feeding, and getting stuff he can't reach. My boys are definitely a handful. I can only immagine what they'll be like as teenagers.. Oh god, PLEASE don't let them be as bad as me!

Another thing boys seem to enjoy, is roughhousing. And a LOT of it. Normally i wouldn't mind that, but at 18 weeks 5 days pregnant, it makes it a little difficult for me to play rough. Especially when Eragon pile-drives me right in the gut, and i spend the rest of the night on the couch, curled up in pain with Braxton Hicks contractions. Eesh. This is then made all the more difficult on Skie because he is still getting used to the effects of his new medication.
Eragon has a new favorite game at least. Football. More specifically, throwing his nerf football at mommy as hard as he can. Last time, he wailed me in the throat lol! Yeah, that didn't feel good.




      On a more somber note, Poor Eragon needs to have bloodwork done today, and with his SPD, that needle prick is going be awful :( What's worse, is that he has to have his surgery on Monday, i can only imagine how much pain he'll be in after that!! For those of you who don't know, Eragon has to have surgery to correct his un-descended testicle. It's a common condition, and is supposed to correct itself by age one. However, in Eragons case, his didn't correct itself, so now he needs surgery. Here's a link of how the surgery is performed:  http://www.chop.edu/service/surgery-general-thoracic-and-fetal/conditions-we-treat/pediatric-surgery-undescended-testicles.html

It's a relatively simple surgery, but still scary to go through as a parent.


Okay, i think that's it for now. So, until next time, bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment